Pages

live.explore.laugh.read.eat.travel.write.pray.watch.poem.invent.news.learn.fly.swim.book.movie.love.forgive.teach.create.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dinner at Icebergs


Icebergs, whenever I saw this store at Robinson’s Galleria, the first thing that comes to my mind is an ice cream and yogurt parlor. But I was mistaken. Last September 30, Saturday after attending mass at EDSA Shrine, me and my sister decided to have dinner at Robinson’s Galleria. After roaming the whole mall, we saw that our preferred restaurants are already full of people. So while walking near the cinema area, we passed by Icebergs and their menu caught my attention. There in their menu stand is a picture of hamburger and sisig.


the welcoming smile of Icebergs



Upon entering the store, you will be welcomed by a young at heart feeling. Upon seeing the whole menu, we were even more surprised to see choices for soups, appetizers, sandwiches, pasta and rice with viands dishes. After having a hard time choosing, I ordered for beef lasagna and my sister sisig rice.


Though, Icebergs is known for their ice cream and cold desserts, we were not disappointed with the beef lasagna and sisig rice. The beef lasagna is cheesy and has a hefty serving of meat. The sisig rice is crunchy because of the chicharon. I also enjoyed drinking my freshly squeezed lemonade. Aside from the wonderful taste of their menu, I also liked their fast service. We did not wait long to have our food served. We did not also need to ask for a glass of water, for it is served together with your ordered drink.

the crunchy sisig


my cheesy and beefy lasagna


Of course, our Icebergs experience will not be complete, if we did not order for a dessert. We both order for a sundae; a cappuccino sundae and kahlua choco. Their sundae is composed of two scoops of ice cream with whip cream and topped by cherry. It is also drizzled with choco syrup and sprinkled with nuts. Aside from the sundaes and parfaits, Icebergs also offers the all-time Filipino favorite halo-halo and con hielo.

Cappucino Sundae and Kahlua Choco Sundae


The next time we will be eating at Robinson’s Galleria, Icebergs will never be an option but will be a destination.

1 comment: