Pages

live.explore.laugh.read.eat.travel.write.pray.watch.poem.invent.news.learn.fly.swim.book.movie.love.forgive.teach.create.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Fusion of Food at Tokyo Cafe

 It was my second time to eat at Tokyo Café. The first time I went here was unexpected and also somewhat memorable. My first impression when I went here was it was a pricey restaurant offering Italian and Japanese food. I remembered on my first visit we ordered a pizza, pasta and chicken. Since we were not able to eat some Japanese food back then, I decided to try one on my second visit.

I wanted to try the Creamy Ebiko Pasta but it was not available. According to their menu it was a must try and one of their bestseller and also it is a Japanese pasta, so I was a little disappointed that it was not available. I ordered instead their garlic and shrimp pasta. One of my friends ordered a Ju Kalbiju and my other friend chose the Ju Oyako-ju.




When my Garlic and Shrimp Pasta was served I was surprised. I was surprised to see the abundant shrimp in my pasta. I counted the shrimp and there was five pieces of them. Unlike in some of the restaurants that I have went the most number of shrimp that you will get is only three. The other reason I was surprised is the way the food was served. It was kind of messy. There was no plating and there are drops of pasta sauce on the sides of the plate/bowl. My friend who is a graduate of HRM and had worked with other restaurants also notices this.


Ju Kabilju with miso soup
While still discussing with the presentation of my pasta, the Ju Kalbiju and the Ju Oyako-ju arrived. It was served in Japanese boxes with chopsticks and miso soup. Compared to my pasta, the presentation of the two dishes was fine. The Ju Kabilju is rice with beef while the Ju Oyako-ju is rice with chicken strips.


Ju Oyako-ju with miso soup
As we were already hungry we dive in immediately with our food. There was really nothing special with the pasta, except really for the shrimps. One of my friend even commented that the pasta taste similarly with the Italian restaurant near the area. For the rice dishes, both the beef and chicken were tender and tasty and the miso soup was also great.

One thing great about Tokyo Café is their menu. If you are not into Japanese food, you can order for Italian food as they have pasta and pizza, they also have burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads, crepes, parfaits and coffees. 








No comments:

Post a Comment