Pages

live.explore.laugh.read.eat.travel.write.pray.watch.poem.invent.news.learn.fly.swim.book.movie.love.forgive.teach.create.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Takbo.ph Runfest 2015

This is the second time I joined the Takbo.ph Runfest. This is one running event that I looked forward to since I learned of the event two years ago. The same as last year, I joined the 10K run. This year my sister did not join but my college friend together with her two officemates are the ones who joined me. They also registered for the 10K run.



The 21K run started at four in the morning while the 10K starts at five and the 5K will be at five ten. This year the Takbo.ph added another category for their annual event it’s the 500m event that starts at seven in the morning. The Make a Wish Foundation is the benefactor of Takbo.ph Runfest.





It was raining very hard the past few days that I am worried that the event would be cancelled. Fortunately there was no rain the whole night. The sky is not clear either because I can still recognize the dark clouds as I went to the venue. It did not rain during the event but it was hot, there was no wind even if you are running at the flyover.




One of the things I like about the marathons organized by Takbo.ph is that all of them from my experience are well-planned, the routes can accommodate all the runners, drinking stations are enough and well space and there are markers for almost every kilometer. I also like that they still give some freebies unlike the other expensive runs that don’t give out any more free stuffs. I also like their singlet design and material for this run unlike the singlet from last year.  The medal design is also very great. 





No comments:

Post a Comment