Pages

live.explore.laugh.read.eat.travel.write.pray.watch.poem.invent.news.learn.fly.swim.book.movie.love.forgive.teach.create.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Satisfying Noodle Craving at Nihonkai Tsukiji

I have been craving for the taste of noodles for a couple of days already. It may be due to the rainy and cold weather that we have been experiencing lately or maybe I’m missing the taste of a hot soup. I have been eyeing some of the Japanese restaurants in Bonifacio High Street and Market! Market! to satisfy my craving but unfortunately these are all unsuccessful because of my recent schedules. It was only last Tuesday, that me and a friend of mine have finally got some time to meet up and decided to have our noodle craving satisfied.


Although my plans were either to have some noodles at Bonifacio High Streets or in Market!Market!, my friend said she wanted to go McKinley Hill. So I started to check the Japanese restaurants in Mckinley, namely Ukokkei Ramen Ron   and Nihonkai Tsukiji. I decided that we try to eat at Nihonkai Tsukiji after checking their menu and prices.

From the outside there is no mistaking that it is a Japanese restaurant due to its design and the Cherry Blossom Tree at the side of the restaurant. In the inside, you will be welcomed by the staffs with their Japanese greetings, Japanese lanterns, Cherry Blossoms and the sushi bar area with Japanese wines and Japanese writings.







My friend and I both ordered the Shoyu Ramen and a plate of Gyoza. When our ramen arrived we were surprised by the big bowl that the waitress is holding. Although the bowl is not full, but the serving is still big with hard-boiled egg, nori sheets, slice of pork, and bamboo shoots. We immediately took a sip of the hot soup that that we craved for so long. Then the six pieces of gyoza arrived, that looked fried from the outside but is actually steamed.








Upon looking at the price, you will find it expensive. The gyoza is Php 180.00 and the shoyu ramen is Php 250.00. But if you will look at the big serving of ramen and the pieces of gyoza, you can say that it is worth the money that you will pay. Plus add the good taste of the soup, the gracious toppings, the tasty gyoza and the friendly staffs; I can say that it is more worth the amount that we paid.                    








No comments:

Post a Comment