Pages

live.explore.laugh.read.eat.travel.write.pray.watch.poem.invent.news.learn.fly.swim.book.movie.love.forgive.teach.create.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Takbo.Ph Runfest

I have been planning to run for the Takbo.ph Runfest since last year, but my run mates decided to run for another fun run so I was not able to join. But this year, I told myself that I will definitely join the Takbo.ph runfest. As early as April, when I heard that registration for the run is open, I headed to a registration site and registered. 


June 13, 2014, Sunday, as early as four in the morning the streets of BGC become a sea of blue with the runners who have joined the Takbo.ph Runfest. There are three event distances – the 5 km, 10 km and 21 km. Again for the nth time I am running for the 10km distance. Gun start for the 21k is at 4:00 A.M., for the 10km it was 5:30 A.M. and for the 5km it was 5:40 A.M.




 The sun was already up at five in the morning that you will already feel its scorching heat. But nevertheless, it didn’t stop the runners. At the 2km mark, I was already thirsty but there was still no water station to drink. I think the water station was at the 2.5km mark. It was refreshing to drink the water specially when the weather was so hot and you can feel that you are drenched with your sweat. At the 7th km and 8th km, instead of water, energy drinks were the ones given. It was just the right timing to regain your strength to finish the last 3 kilometers of the race.


Because the race was held at BGC, the traffic in the area was severely affected. There are lots of intersections to cross from and you can hear the honking of the impatient drivers. There are times that you will be running with speeding trucks and buses at the area. Good thing is that there are lots of marshals in the area to provide enough security and safety for the runners. The marshals are also very lively and cheery, especially the girls, who will encourage you to continue running. There are also enough markers in the area, showing where to make a turn and indicating the distances.



After 1 hour and 24 minutes of running, I reached the finish line where, marshals are waiting to tag you with the time and to give you a medal.







No comments:

Post a Comment