Pages

live.explore.laugh.read.eat.travel.write.pray.watch.poem.invent.news.learn.fly.swim.book.movie.love.forgive.teach.create.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Good Food at Black Canyon Coffee






I always passed by at Black Canyon Coffee on my way to work and I am always intrigue by their menu especially on the coffee since I a coffee addict. One Friday night, all my curiosity was answered when me and my friends decided to have dinner at the place.



Just a walking distance from our workplace, Black Canyon Coffee was not yet crowded when we arrived before seven in the evening. From outside the restaurant you will imagine it as typical restaurant, but once we entered the store whole ambiance changed. Instead of the usual chairs, we are welcomed by comfy couches and sala sets that gave a homey vibe of the place.


Black Canyon Coffee offers a wide range of food from pasta to steaks, salads and sandwiches, curries and soups, noodles and rice dishes. They also have cakes and desserts to complete their menu. Upon checking the beverage menu you will also be amazed on the wide selection of hot and cold coffee, tea, frappes, smoothie and juices.


For our dinner we ordered pad thai, a spicy stir fried pasta with crispy bacon and cocktail sausages. Their pad thai was abundant with ingredients of shrimp and tofu. It has a nutty taste with a kick of spicyness that would tickle your taste buds. The spicy stir fried pasta with crispy bacon is oil based pasta where spicy and the taste of basil is in fusion. The cocktail sausages complement our dinner with its simple taste. We also like how they cut the sausages and neatly piled up into a plate.












Of course dinner in a coffee shop would not be complete if I did not order a coffee. I just order their Black Canyon hot coffee, while one of my friends ordered for a Cranberry Coffee Frappe. We partnered our drinks with a slice of red velvet cake and Ferrero Cake – their bestseller. Upon ordering my coffee, the staff advised me that their coffee is very strong that I may not get a sleep tonight. I said that it was okay since I am really a coffee addict and I really wanted to taste their coffee. My coffee was served together with a small glass of tea and small biscuits. The tea is to calm my nerves after drinking their coffee. Their coffee was really strong as after already putting sugar and cream it still has a bitter taste. I liked their red velvet, especially the bread since it was moist and the white chocolate in the cake is not very sweet. Their Ferrero cake is a layer of chocolate and sansrival that gave it a crunchy texture.
















Aside from the good food, the staffs are also very accommodating and friendly that they are very obliged in meeting our requests. You can even joke around the staff as they get your order and serve your food. Though you might find the interior and exterior of the place sophisticated added with good food their prices are very affordable compared to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment